Accelerate your development process and profit from the detailed information of a numerical flow simulation.
What Advantages Does a Numerical Flow Simulation Offer?
Regardless of which fluid mechanics problem you are concerned or engaged with, it is often worthwhile taking a detailed look at the dominant fluid motions and the resulting forces and instabilities. CFD (Computational Fluid Dynamics) provides you with the following options:
- Identification of the cause of a concrete problem in an existing product
- The avoidance of weak points in future product design
- Determining the performance of a facility without costly prototype construction
- Detailed field information for all relevant variables (pressure, speed, temperature, …)- also at difficult to access positions
Discover and understand your parameter space – use the engineering tool of digitalization to your advantage!
On the road to a valid result a number of steps need to be taken. We are happy to plan the whole process together with you, from the creation of the model to the appropriate presentation of the results.
- Model preparation using your CAD data
- Grid creation
- Selection of solver
- Execution of the calculation on suitable HPC infrastructure
- Suitable documentation of the results
- Discussion of the results and concrete recommendations for action
Our specialists combine years of experience in the fields of simulation and the underlying aerodynamics, together with industry experience, in order to generate real added value for you.
Selection of Suitable Flow Solver
The right specialized tool for the respective task – this motto naturally also applies to your simulation. We analyze the problem together with you and select a suitable flow solver on the basis of the following criteria:
- Characteristics of the phenomena – stationary or temporally variable
- Type of medium – compressible or incompressible, single-phase or multi-phase
- Speed range of the flow – from creeping flow to the supersonic
- Relevant interactions between flow and structure – heat transfer with or without radiation
Identification of Electronic Components with Insufficient Cooling
The cooling of electronic components is becoming increasingly important. Whether active or passive, in huge computer centers or smaller devices, an efficient channeling of the cooling fluid ensures the desired performance as well as the long lifetime of the equipment.
Here you can see a diagram of a housing with electronic components with different power consumption cooled by two ventilators. Both the temperature distribution of the heated components as well as the motion of the air blown into the housing can be clearly read off from the results of the simulation.
Areas with insufficient cooling, which could result in damage to the components as a result of excessive temperature, can thus be easily identified. In the follow-up, concrete recommendations for action and modification proposals can be developed and tested. In this case a re-positioning of the components is a potential solution. Alternatively, the ventilators can be operated at a higher speed or replaced by a more suitable model.